Friday, June 18, 2010

Family-Friendly Friday: Voyage of the Dawn Treader Trailer

I had a post about the Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books all set to publish this morning (with an aside about why are movies rarely as good as the book version?), when I happened upon the first sneak peek trailer of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the third of the Chronicles of Narnia brought to life.

Special Narnia Sneak Peek » Life » Lifestyle — SixSeeds.tv

I discovered the trailer at Melissa Wiley's excellent blog, often a source for great family-friendly fiction.  (She herself is author of the Martha and Charlotte books in the Little House series. )

Are you excited to see the newest Narnian adventure?  Do you think it will be as good as the book?

I'm not hoping for that--nothing could really match any of the Narnia Chronicles--but I do hope it is better than Prince Caspian movie version, which strayed so far from the book as to be almost unrecognizable.  We still enjoyed Prince Caspian at our house, and I consider it a "Narnian" movie, but was frustrated by how much is changed.  I hope that don't do that for Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  There's so much good story there the filmmakers don't need to change a thing.  I admire greatly Michael Apted, director of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, for his excellent Amazing Grace and the moving and groundbreaking "Up" series"Up" following the lives of a group of English people every seven years.  So I have to confess I have pretty high hopes for this one.

2 comments:

  1. We just finished "reading" TVOTDT this month. Rather listening to it on audio. I suspect we will wait until mom and dad have a chance to preview the whole thing. We do love Amazing Grace...so we have high hopes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Apted will capture more of the Narnian spirit than either of the previous two Narnia ones did, as good as each movie was in its own way.

    ReplyDelete