Friday, July 30, 2010

Upcoming New Feature for the First of Each Month: First, What are You Reading?

On the first of every month, I want to encourage all us readers and/or reader/bloggers out there to share a little about what you have been reading.  I love getting book suggestions from others.  My library hold list and Amazon wish list grow every time I visit someone’s blog who recommends a book.

This is not just for Catholic books or Catholic readers, but truly, catholic (as in universal/everyone) readers and books.  So get creative!

I named it as I did because this is my default question when getting to know someone or to find out what a friend is up to lately, mind-wise.  “What are you reading these days?”  To me, it’s the easiest way to spark a conversation or find out more about someone I think I might know well.

You’ll see in my first post that I’ve only focused on one book, although like many readers, I have quite a few books going.  Also, I read this book earlier this summer, but I found so many good take-away points from it.  You may want to focus on one too, but by all means write about several if that suits your writing style or purpose.

Also, for the first month, I’ve kept my answers relatively short.  You may want to write longer about a book you love, or just give some quick responses.  It’s all up to you.

Here are the questions that will be asked of you every "first" of the month:
First, what are you reading?
What do you like best about it?
What do you like least about it?
What is next on your list to read?

When you do decide to write on your blog about what you are reading, there will be a Mr. Linky to link back to this blog, so everyone can share together.  If you're not a blogger, you can leave a comment in the "First, What Are You Reading"post on August 1. 

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment