Saturday, September 3, 2011

Meet a Reader: Corey Krengiel

I'm delighted to feature another seminarian as a "Meet a Reader."  Our family met Corey this summer as he was one of the four energetic team members of our parish's summer "sort-of, but much better than a VBS" program, called Totus Tuus.  Quick ad here:  if you are not aware of the fantastic Totus Tuus program, you can read a little more about it from its home diocese, Wichita.  I cannot stress enough how amazing Totus Tuus program is.  We feel extremely fortunate that our pastor brought the program here and it will continue in future years.  Thanks, Corey!



How you know me:

I am Corey Krengiel, a seminarian for the Diocese of Peoria, and I'm originally from Lemont, IL.  I attend Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, MD.  If God wills it, I will be ordained in 2014.  I invite your prayers for me.

Why I love reading:

I love reading because learning new things gets me very excited about life, and we should be excited about life.  I love reading books, and making them my own.

What I’m reading now:

I’m reading Three to Get Married by Servant of God Fulton Sheen.  Archbishop Sheen’s wisdom seems bottomless, and he writes is such a clear and dlever way.  Hacing a good understanding of how God intended marriage to work provides an important part of a Catholic sacramental worldview.

My favorite book:

My favorite book is In the School of the Holy Spirit by Father Jacques Philippe.  I am reading it now for the third time because each time I read it, I gain deeper insight into how to live a life rooted in God.  I also like it because it is broken into many short sections, making it easy to pray with.


No comments:

Post a Comment